Chapter 11 Worksheet
1. This is about the time that many people learning to program run into problems
with Windows hiding file extensions. Briefly explain how to make Windows show
file extensions. If you don't remember, go back to the ``Before getting started''
2. (5 pts) For the following file extensions:
...match the extension to the category it best fits:
* Graphic art
* Uncompressed images
* Songs and sound effects
* Uncompressed sounds
3. Should an image be loaded inside the main program loop, or before it?
Should the program blit the image in the main program loop or before it?
4. How can a person change an image from one format to another? For example, how
do you change a .jpg to a .gif? Why does changing the file extension not really
work? (Ask if you can't figure it out.)
5. Explain why an image that was originally saved as a .jpg doesn't work with
setting a background color even after it is converted to a .png.
6. Briefly explain how to play background music in a game, and how to
automatically start playing a new song when the current song ends.
Check the ``examples'' section, and look under the graphics examples
for example code on how to do this.